Re-Wiring the Brain to Manifest

Re-Wiring the Brain

 

This material is based upon the book, Rewire Your Brain for Love, by Dr. Marsha Lucas (Hay House, 2011).

The book refers to this process as “The best do it yourself project you’ll ever do

The way our brain is wired makes a difference in how we relate. Most relationship wiring is completed by age 2

These re-wiring techniques are not new- some of them go back 2,500 years.

Ten years ago, science thought that once you grew up, you couldn’t grow new brain cells, and old connections in the brain couldn’t be replaced. It was thought that all brain development was completed at the age of 25.

However, studies at Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Stanford, and UCLA have found that mindfulness practices change one’s brain relative to relationships.

Re-wiring the brain can improve the following aspects of our thinking:

            Regulation of fear response

            Emotional resilience

            Response flexibility

            Insight

            Empathy and attunement

            “Me” to “We” shift

It is estimated that 55% of the population have healthy relationship patterns, and that the other 45% are insecure in relationships.

As babies, we take in a lot of information. Old, deeply wired memories re-surface as adults and some people want to avoid relationships because of early unhealthy patterns of thinking. The brain is constantly observing for danger and early ideas play a role.

Neuroplasticity is the capacity throughout our lifetime to change the structure and pathways of communication. Scientific studies are affirming that we can use this capacity to change the way we think. This is necessary in order to manifest what we want in life. We have to change to “empowered”, “can do” thinking before we can begin to create our lives anew. I will discuss specific exercises in the next few posts.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: